Sunday, February 14, 2010

Monkey Madness Continued.....

Guess this is it; the last installment of the MM-saga. In short, I finished it. Not without some trouble though. Traversing the tunnels twice was, eh, heart stopping. That would be the best description I can give. The first one, to get the gold bars enchanted was the worst. Of course I had the benefit of having done it once before. Still it got on my  nerves. That said, I think I found a new trick.

I entered the tunnels and clicked on the radar as far ahead on the route to take as I could. Once again I used the tactic of taking the damage by falling rock, healing when needed. I only turned on protect from melee when I reached the skeletons. And that is when the clicking way in front seemed to pay off: I didn't get hit by the floor spikes. It almost seems the 'automatic route' avoids them. The only time there was a hit from a trap: The one you can avoid using a plank, but that one dealt a hit of 7 which was manageable. At the end the sorry, but welcome sight of a gnome: Zooknock.

M-speak amulet made, child's toy acquired and the 2nd run. Not hard since I now knew what to expect, and Zooknock made the gree-gree. Instead of teleporting out I took the scenic route. A Karamja monkey on a leisurely walk, avoiding traps, but taking damage of falling rock. It seems the road-sign was missing. A short interlude where the diplomatic mission to Awowogei took place (and I can assure you I am not cut out for diplomatic missions), a cut-scene to reveal the machinations of gnome-monkey politics, a rescue of a fellow Karamja monkey and finally the battle between yours truly and a demon.

That was a tad harder than I thought it would be, and thus I bought a farm. I was careless and thus the first mission to save the 10th squad went down in flames. Magic flames. The ruddy demon had me for lunch. With 49 def one does not want to face this one head on. The second attempt went down without a hitch. Again, knowing what to do makes it easy. And so Monkey Madness is finished. It even got me past a few milestones:



And the 100 quest points:


No comments:

Post a Comment