Saturday, October 24, 2009

Concentrate... for gods sake, concentrate.

Click, tsjk,tsjk, tsjk, tsjk, tsjk, tsjk. tsjk, tsjk, click, click, click, click, ta-dah-dah-dah, bonk, click, whoosh, woosh, woosh, bonk, click, weeeeeeeeeeeh, bonk. Repeat.

That is about what you see, hear and do when using the Advanced Gnome Agility Course.

Not that I am a big fan of agility but I have my heart set on the Agility Top. One of those elusive garments only available to those with an agility level of 90 and 250 clean laps of the Advanced Barbarian Course under their belt. According to Tip.it's calculator I will hear that sequence for another 211 times. Enough to drive a sane woman crazy. For now it is a welcome distraction after the diary: A repreve from crowded areas and the trauma sustained playing Castle Wars.

The reason I play with sound on, in this case, is the fact I don't need to change the camera angle to see when I come out of that pipe. I can hear it... its the bonk after the weeeeeeeeeh, then it is click log, listen to eight times tsjk, click four times, listen to ta-dah-dah-dah bonk, one click, three times whoosh and a bonk, click and the weeeeeeh again. It gains 725 xp per lap. And after reaching level 88 I hardly fail. Just one thing is wrong about it: The zero variation in sound. It gets on your nerves after about an hours worth of playing.
No, strike that, it gets on your nerves after 10 minutes. But it is easier than rotating the camera angle. So I click and listen, listen and click. I'll be glad to start failing a course again: That will happen after 211 laps. Switching to Barbarian, do 250 complete laps (wonder how many failed laps will be thrown in), and then... take a break from agility. For a while... a long, long while.

click, click, click, click, ta-dah-dah-dah, bonk, click, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, bonk, click, weeeeeeeeeeh, bonk, click, tsjk-tsjk-tsjk-tsjk-tsjk-tsjk-tsjk-tsjk....

No comments:

Post a Comment