Saturday, October 24, 2009

Oh dear... more work in the offing

Diaries, I like them. Not that I have finished them all, still need to do most of them. But they offer a welcome change to the grinding that seems to be ingraned in Runescape. So I set out to do this Ardougne Diary.

The main reason for doing so was/is the reward: A cloak. Being one from Ardougne, City of Thieves, it would stand to reason it would benefit the Thieving skill. And that is one skill I really like. Thus I went on my merry way. In hind sight I should have read a bit better what the various tasks were: It took way more time than I had planned. Why? One task in particular was the culprit. Getting on the winning team at Castle Wars.

I am not a very social player: I like to work alone, away from gathering crowds. Not a very good attitude to play a minigame where you need to interact with the rabble fellow players. It took about 2 hours to get that final task out of the way. Or so I thought...

Not true. Jagex had a trick up their sleeve. Elite tasks. Tasks that have requirements so far out of my league it will take me a long, long time to get there. Let me see, Runecrafting, one more level to have that big bag thingie available. Doable but not my favorite past time. Then there is that thing called Summoning: A staggering 22 levels to go. Smithing, another one of my favorites, only 7 more levels (which would get mining up to 94 btw).

The other levels I have. Just one other bad thing: I have to be sociable again... Fishing Trawler.

*Puts on happy face*  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment