Monday, November 16, 2009

Must not calculate

In a way I'm in limbo. I'd like to get a few stats up, Smithing and Crafting are at the top of the list. Obviously gold is a nice way to raise smithing but it needs gold-ore, and that means mining. I don't mind that so I am working on it. I did get about 7k gold ores and am in the process of turning them into gold bars. At the same time one can use these bars to turn them into amulets.

That's a good thing: Amulets can be strung using Lunar, and since my magic level has been at 92 for ages (close to two years I think) it makes for a nice target. However that means I need to lay my grubby hands on Astral runes. And that is a problem. I don't like rc, and since stringing amulets requires 2 astrals per amulet I need vast quantities of them. That would mean I need to get rc up to 82 to profit from double astrals per essence. 7 levels, or about doubling the present amount of xp. That hurts. The ZMI altar seems to be the best choise to raise it: about 900-1000 xp per trip. That takes 2 law runes and 4 astrals, but I get those from crafting runes, so not really a loss.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter: It will take time. Probably will get 92 mining, 91 smithing in the process. BTW 88 mining arrived last tuesday.


3 comments:

  1. First of all, congratz on the mining part :) For the rest, I don't really envy you for your set out goals. I hope you fare better at them then I'm currently doing with agility (L86 and attempting for the Top)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's almost as I'm copying you :o Well, you're still my role model in some way, but it's just something I have to do... *denies that RuneCrafting is on the list after Agility*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiddyn, a funny thing happened yesterday. The first 2k amulets gave me 93 magic... That was somewhat of a victory: It has been at 92 since about 2 years :P

    ReplyDelete