Saturday, November 7, 2009

Some stuff out of the way, and an RC-level

After finishing the Ardougne diary it occurred to me it would be a good idea to finish off the remaining ones: The Falador and Fremmy one. One of the reasons was the possible advent of that elusive 75 RC level. Another reason was a different one: I had to do something else than combat or skilling.

So on my merry way and as time progressed I finished both. All lamps obviously went toward RC xp, which brought me about 16k from level 75.

One thing in the Falador diary struck me as odd. You need to make a Fruit basket. So on to the GE to buy willow branches. 1700 gp each and no-one is selling. You need 6 of them to make a basket; that translates to a bit over 10k to make an item worth 1 gp in the shop and between 192 and 201 at the GE. How is that for wasting resources?

Well, willow planted, checked on its health, waited for a bit for the branches to grow, and cut 6 of them off. While waiting another thing amazed me: It stands to reason that, after a tree has grown, you should be able to cut off branches; well, not in RS. You need to wait for something to happen before you can cut them. No outward signs on the tree. No sprouting branches gone wild, no appearance of a growth on the tree stem. Nothing.

After finishing: ZMI altar for the remaining rc xp and now it is 75 RC and a giant pouch. That also gave me an Ardougne Elite task done, and 108 cosmics.



No comments:

Post a Comment