Monday, November 30, 2009

I, eh, don't get it

I finished the 4-day adventure that held us all in its grip. The follow-up on turkey slaying. I squeezed in an hours worth of play when I had the time to do so. You just don't want to miss out on a gigantic, epic voyage of RS with something that is connected to Thanksgiving.

Merch was right in there being a follow up. Or was she?

I will not judge the Blokes at Jagex Towers for this game. At the end of the day it seemed they were experimenting with a new format of introducing some 'entertainment'. The one thing I am wondering about is this: Why was it advertised as a Thanksgiving event? It had nothing to do with it. Not the questions/riddles, not the reward (I still wonder what I am supposed to do with a magnifying glass that I can wield but not see through). I stayed out of any chat channel lest the clues given would be spoiled, and seen the ease of each and everyone of them that would happen in 2 seconds flat.

Disappointing, that's all I can say.

3 comments:

  1. if you right click it and select "sluth" you get the emote. It's cute and I like it, but it wasn't what I was expecting after all the hype.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The developer blogs hint at creating a mini game using the Seer's courthouse, so maybe the spy glass would have a use there instead of hanging out in a toybox.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I the only one who hasn't got this event done? lol

    ReplyDelete