Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dungeoneering continued...

"Do not judge an addition to a game until you have experienced it yourself, until you have extensively undergone this addition."

This was a remark a friend of ours made a few years ago when K. was playing another MMORPG, and had problems with an addition to that game. I guess the same applies to me when I am playing RS at this moment. I truly would like to extensively research this new skill.

But up to now one thing is holding me back: I don't get it. Playing both Simple and Gwala has it disadvantages but at the same time one can learn from the other. So after Simple got her level up to 7, Gwala was about to do the same.

The complexity of the dungeons we can master is level 6. This basically means all skills are involved when traversing the room-system. I don't mind that: I will get xp in those skills which will benefit them, mostly this holds true for Gwala. What I still have to figure out if this is really the way to play: It took a staggering 4 hours of play to finally get access to floor four. With that came the amazing amount of 734 xp for Gwala and 726 xp for Simple. That is total xp, not the amount gained during those four hours, mind you.

The funny thing about this: The total amount of xp gained in all but dungeoneering amounts to 33,214 for Simple and 13,886 xp for Gwala. Gwala even got a Runecrafting and a Firemaking level from it.

So I now have a question: Should I keep playing with complexity at level 6? I really have my doubts about it and thus am going to switch to level 1... Combat only.

The other question in the back of my mind: How the hell did I get 13k+ xp with only one dungeoneering level to show for it?

One other thing: There is a basic flaw in the skill: Monsters drop stuff Gwala cannot use... and a lot of it. It took two tries traversing a level three floor to open doors: I do not have the capacity to use green, crimson, and blue charms these critters kept dropping. I need gold ones...The same with seeds, herbs, and secondaries.

Oh, I took one pic to help Slei out: Mining a wall to get a stone in order to carve an item which needed to equip a statue


I forgot something:

REMEMBER, THIS IS A SAFE SKILL, IF/WHEN YOU DIE YOU WILL NOT LOOSE YOUR ITEMS.

No comments:

Post a Comment